Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Oogedy Boogedy prayer intention

Just looking out for one another. Perhaps a few prayers directed Roger L. Simon's way after reading this observation he made after a recent dinner with Texas Gov. Perry:
"I did make one blunder, however. I started to eat before the Governor said Grace. Of course, that’s not surprising, since I am the last of the village atheists (or close). I have to admit I expected to be put off a bit by Perry’s religiosity, but I wasn’t at all. Perhaps that has more to do with me than with him. Although I am agnostic (not an atheist – who could really be one?), I have a growing respect, maybe even an envy, for religious people. And it’s not just because they seem to have better values than most people and often actually seem to behave better. It’s self-interest. The older I get, the more I want to believe in an after-life. (So far no luck.)" - Roger L. Simon
Emphasis ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment