Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Eyes Have It

Three different posts I read on the Internet today. You make the connection.
"I said, 'You mean I don't even get the chance to come in and we do this eyeball-to-eyeball, person-to-person, have a conversation? I've been there more than 10 years," Williams said. He said Weiss responded that "there's nothing you can say that would change my mind." Juan Williams discussing being fired from NPR
TT [Terry Teachout]: Almanac "Why is it that one can look at a lion or a planet or an owl or at someone's finger as long as one pleases, but looking into the eyes of another person is, if prolonged past a second, a perilous affair?" Walker Percy, Lost in the Cosmos: The Last Self-Help Book About Last Night blog
I’ll close with one little point made by my old friend, Dr. Herbert Ratner, (which I’ve never seen written anyplace else). Dr. Ratner said that humans are the only animals that mate face-to-face. Heterosexual sex is a “person-to-person” encounter. Lower animals are all rear-mounters." Musings at 87 blog
Hint: personalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment