Wednesday, January 9, 2013

High Price: abortion, infertility, adoption

Excellent essay by Kristen Walker over at Lifenews, "While I Struggle With Infertility, Babies are Killed by Abortion." Snippet:


The other day, at Half Price Books, the back cover of a book about adoption gleefully informed me that adopting a baby only costs about as much as a new mid-size sedan. Well, my husband’s truck is a 2001 and mine is a 2005. What does that tell you about our ability to afford a new mid-size sedan?
Meanwhile: 546,213.
We have all these couples trying to have babies, and all these women having theirs killed. We have all these couples who would adopt if they could, and all these barriers in their way.
I used to drive past abortion clinics and feel, yes, the sadness, the horror, the indescribable demonic evil of it. Today, I drive past and feel the same, but more. Deeper. Different. I feel like a man lost at sea must feel, dying of thirst, staring at an ocean of water he can’t drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment