Sunday, May 12, 2013

Surprised by joy... of motherhood

A beautiful reflection on motherhood from secular DIY blogger and graphic designer Brooklyn Limestone:
Before I was a mother, I imagined parenthood to be a marathon of sorts – worth it in the long run but painfully difficult while the race was being run.  Good parents sacrificed to give their children what they needed to grow and parents reap the benefits over time as their children age and are able to reciprocate that love. While that is entirely true, I didn’t realize there was something wonderful that was much more immediate.  I never imagined that being a mother wouldn’t feel like a sacrifice at all – at least not one that I minded.  How could I have known that even one sided love can fill my heart to bursting? 

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment